原文:U.S. prepares for new military strikes against Iran

Washington — The Trump administration was preparing Friday for a fresh round of military strikes against Iran, according to sources with direct knowledge of the planning, even as diplomacy continued.

No final decision on strikes had been reached as of Friday afternoon.

"Circumstances pertaining to Government" are keeping President Trump from attending his son Donald Trump Jr.'s wedding this weekend, he said in a social media post. The president had planned to spend Memorial Day weekend at his golf property in New Jersey but will now return to the White House.

几位消息人士称,美国军方和情报界的一些成员取消了阵亡将士纪念日周末的计划,因为预计可能会发生袭击。

Defense and intelligence officials began updating recall rosters for U.S. installations overseas as tranches of troops stationed in the Middle East rotate out of theater, part of an effort to reduce the American military footprint in the region amid concern about possible Iranian retaliation.

自四月初开始临时停火以来,美国和伊朗基本上没有相互攻击,为就长期协议进行间接谈判赢得了时间。

White House spokesperson Anna Kelly told CBS News that Mr. Trump has "made his redlines abundantly clear: Iran can never possess a nuclear weapon, and they cannot keep their enriched uranium."

凯利说:“总统始终保留所有选择,五角大楼的工作就是做好执行总司令可能做出的任何决定的准备。” "The President has been clear about the consequences if Iran fails to make a deal."

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned Wednesday that any further strikes against the country from the United States or Israel could widen the conflict beyond the Middle East, promising "crushing blows … in places you cannot even imagine."

Tehran is reviewing the latest U.S. proposal for a possible agreement to end the nearly t

阅读原文 →